Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 2 Activity's 1-3

Day 2 

Activity 1: Bee Informed [4 points]

To earn full points for this activity you must type all five sentences and then fill in the blanks for each one. Post the completed sentences on your blog.


  • The word ‘bumblebee’ is a compound word (bumble + bee). The word ‘bumble’ means to move or act in a awkward way.
  • Bumblebees can fly very quickly. They can reach ground speeds of 54 kilometres per hour (km/h).
  • Bumblebees are very strong! They carry up to 90% percent of their body weight in food with them to avoid starvation.
  • Bumblebees can do more work and carry more pollen than other bees, including honeybees. In fact, they can do up to 50 times as much work as a normal honeybee.
  • The number of bumblebees is declining in New Zealand due to a number of factors, including the removal of wildflowers and flowering trees from the landscape.  


Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don’t Stink! [4 points]
On your blog, list all of the foods that you would put in your special draining sink..
In my special draining sink I would put in...

Nutella,Apricot & Cereal.


Activity 3: Flying Fungi [10 points]
On your blog, tell us how you would solve this tricky maths problem. Be sure to also post your final answer in days or weeks.
I think it would take atleast 35 days or 5 week's. How I got my answer's was I went
5 x7=35. After that I divided 35 days with 7 because there are 7 days in a week and it
= 5.

So this is the answer 35 day's or 5 Week's


2 comments:

  1. Hey Poitirere

    Great blog post! Well done finding all the answers about bumble-bees. I chucked a photo up on blogger today of some bees hiding in a rose in my garden. It was raining and they wanted to stay dry. It was very cute. Here's the link. https://izzyslj2018.blogspot.com/2019/01/bees.html

    I really like how you presented the answer to the fungi maths problem in both weeks and days. Well done! Do you enjoy maths?

    Bye for now,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Izzy,

    Thank you so so much for taking your precious time and commenting on my blog, I am very very sorry for the late response it has just been so busy this week with beautiful weather.

    The photo is very cute! they look comfortable in that little spot don't they?

    Anyway's Mm I do not like maths and science as much as I like Reading,Writing and Spelling to be quit honest.

    Kind regards(: Lili/Poitirere


    ReplyDelete