Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 2 Activity's 1-3

Day 2 

Activity 1: Weaving a Tall Tale…[4 points]

On your blog, tell us whether or not you would like to try flax weaving. Does it interest you? Why or why not?

I have done weaving a couple of times but I was taught how to do the weaving. This time I would enjoy trying to do weaving but on my own yes with a little bit of help on the directions but at the same time I wan to try and figure out how to do things myself instead of getting people to help me although I do appreciate them helping me. Well I do not have that much interest in weaving because I like to do other things such as getting active more like doing Sport,Dancing and others.



Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves [4 points]

On your blog, tell us about this person. Who are they? Why are they, in your opinion, so strong and tough?

My favourite character is Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone because he is a very strong and tough man that is very well known. He is in the movie Rambo he is strong and tough in more than one way, Kindness,strength and many more others. He has a lot of Strength, he has 5 children altogether. He only has one brother Frank Stallone Jr, his Dad Frank Stallone Sr & his Mum Jackie Stallone.

Activity 3: Stranger than Fiction [10 points + 5 possible points]
On your blog, list three similarities and three differences between the two plants that you chose. To earn five extra bonus points, post a picture of both plants on your blog..

3 similarities  with the Side saddle Arnoldi and the Venus flytrap
1. Both of them are found in wet places and also in forests.
2. It is completely harmless to people--unless you take a deep breath of its foul,
3.In order to grow they need water.

3 Differences with the Rafflesia Arnoldi and the Venus Fly Trap
1. The fly trap will eat small insects/bugs and small animals too.
2. They don't live in the same home they live in different places.
3. They are not the same size they are both different sizes.


Credit to Pinterest.com

6 comments:

  1. Hey Lili, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. I was commenting on your blog activities last summer. In June I moved overseas to London, England. So I am currently writing to you from the other side of the world!

    Anyway, it is fantastic to see that you are still blogging and working hard over your summer break.

    Thank you for completing another three activities. Personally, I have never tried weaving but I understand that it does take a long time and I imagine it would become a little bit boring repeating the same thing over and over and over again!

    What kind of sports do you like to play?

    Rambo is such a cool movie! Do you mostly watch action films? They can be really entertaining, especially if you get a chance to see them on a big screen with loud speakers. What other films do you like?

    I've enjoyed learning about the two different plants you have posted too. They are rather unique. I've only ever seen the Venus Fly Trap. They can be quite handy in the summer months when flies are buzzing around and annoying you!

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Billy,

    Thank you for commenting on my blogging and yes I have heard you have moved, I hope you have a great time.

    Anyways I love to play Rugby as much as I love playing Netball.

    I have not yet finished all of the films in Rambo, I do not know what film to watch next.

    I have not seen or heard about any of these plants but now I know that I have learnt about these unknown plants I can use them as an example for a plant or something like that.

    (: Lili

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lili, thank you for your kind words.

    Cool! What positions do you play in rugby and netball? I've played a lot of indoor netball. I mainly played defense but every now and again I would play centre and try and make some two point shots.

    Great, it's always positive learning something new.

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Billy,

    Thank you again for commenting on my blog. The Position I play in rugby is Wing(14) In Netball the position's I play in are Wing Attack or Goal Defence(WA) & (GD).

    I have been playing Rugby ever since I was 7 years of age and I have just started playing Netball last year when I was nine, I still play both sports but next year I am looking forward to joining a new sport such as Tennis,Football(Soccer) or Volleyball.

    Once again (: Lili

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey again Lili, I apologise for the late reply. I have had a little break over the new year. It's getting really cold here now. I think it's meant to get below zero in coming days. I hope that you've had a nice start to your new year.

    Awesome, it sounds like you must be a fast player since you're on the wing in both sports.

    Yeah that's cool. I played football for most of my life. I've played in lots of different positions across the defense and in midfield.

    Maybe you can be a winger in football too?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Billy,

    Thank you so much for responding and yes I had a nice start to New Years.

    I won't say I am a really fast player but I am quite fast with my games.
    And yea I might be able to play as a winger but anyway's thank you so much for coming and checking on my work (: Lili

    ReplyDelete