Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 4 Activity's 1-3

Day 4

Activity 1: Planes, Trains and Automobiles [4 points]

On your blog tell us which of the three options you would take to explore Milford Sound. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen this option.

I would like to explore Milford Sound by walking. I chose this option because if you were in a helicopter you wouldn't be able to see things properly and you wouldn't be able to actually explore around the place, I wouldn't want to go on a boat because I don't really like the smell of the sea. If I went foot(Walking) I would be able to explore around the place,I would be able to see & learn about some plants I have not learnt about yet and I would also go in Foot(Walking) because I can get more air and oxygen.


Activity 2: It’s All in the Name

On your blog, give us a list of three to five options for the name of this geothermal pool. Put a star (*) beside the name that you like the most.


Melting bubbles pool.

Neon mud pool.

Sticky Stinky Lava pool.

Boiling steam pool.

Devil's Victory.

Activity 3: Picture Perfect [10 points]
On your blog, write a short story about what you think is happening in the picture. Be sure to tell us where you think the people are and what you think they were doing at the time that they stopped to pose for the selfie. To earn full points, the story must be 8 – 10 sentences long.

Selfie#3

In this photo there is a woman that is very high off ground. She is taking a Selfie of herself and the beautiful view she has. She is standing on the edge of something really high like a building,Statue or a hotel balcony. Whatever she is on It is very very high off floor. She has captured a very lovely view that make's me want to go and explore that City. 
I can see that in that City there are a lot of houses,  Some house's look like they are joined together including some of the high buildings. I see people walking around but It is very difficult to see them so I circled where I saw people. I can see that this lady has captured a lot more things. I can see a big building on the far end that is circled in blue, To me it look's like a big building. I have circled a area that has a lot of tree's, bushes & plan. I think that in those bushes,tree's & plants there are a lot of creatures.

3 comments:

  1. Hey again Lili, well done on completing this activity and to such a high standard. You've nearly finished the entire Summer Learning Journey programme! You'll have to become an expert at commenting on people's blogs once you have finished. It's always great getting the conversation going between children and even between schools!

    I found this photo a little bit shocking. It's hard to imagine why someone would want to risk their life for a measly photo. It must have been a really cool photo though! You've described so many things that are in the background.

    Would you take a risky selfie like this?

    What city do you think this is?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Billy,

    Again thank you so much for your wonderful comments, I really appriciate your help.

    To answer your first question No I would not want to do that I'd rather jump of a helicopter into a heap of bush. I've got chills now Anyway's to answer your very last question I think that this City is in Indonesia or China.I think that because all the houses look so familiar to the Indonesia and China's houses I say that because I watch a lot of movies that is made in China and Indonesia.

    Once Again Lili(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Lili,

    It's Susie here again from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Well done on completing another set of activities with a creative mind of yours! I would also love to take a slow walk through Milford Sound because that way we can pay extra attention to the smallest details of mother nature. You're absolutely right that the helicopter and the boat would only allow us to focus on the big chunks (even though it would still be breathtakingly beautiful). There’s nothing quite like the smell of a forest. 🌲

    You have come up with some interesting names for the geothermal pool. Have you decided your favourite? Mine would have to be 'Devil's victory' because it is somehow ironic. If I picture a devil, it instantly reminds me of the colour red or black but there is something spooky about this pool! Ka pai for coming up with such unique names.

    From Susie :D

    ReplyDelete