Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Day 1 Activity One, Two and Bonus Activity

Day 1: 100% PURE New Zealand  

                                
Well, the time has now come! School’s out for the holidays and your tour of New Zealand is about to begin. I hope that you are ready and excited! Curious Kiwi certainly is – he can’t wait to start the Great Kiwi Road Trip! Before you all hit the road, let’s take a minute to review some key facts about New Zealand.3.jpg
Activity 1:  Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in your own words. Do not simply copy and paste the facts from the website☺.

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png

08.7.17

My three interesting facts

  1. Rugby is the most popular sport in New Zealand.
  2. Bungy Jumping might be one of our famous kiwi inventions.
  3. Edmund Hillary was the first person to climb the highest Mountain In the world. He Is a kiwi.



Activity 2: Your tour of New Zealand is going to start right here in Auckland. Watch the Tourist video for Auckland to learn about the awesome things that you can see and do in the city. Once you’ve finished, choose your favourite five activities from the video and list them on your blog.  

My five favourite activity's

1. Sky Tower -
It is tall and thin at the top and thick at the bottom.

2. Kelly Tarlton's -
You can see all the different kind of sea animals.

3.  Auckland Museum -
A museum where you get to see animals from the past.

4. A Ferry -
You can go on a ferry. It can take you places.

5. Beach -
Some where when you can go in the summer. You can go surfing in the summer as well.

Bonus Activity: Now it’s time to start your tour! Curious Kiwi decides to start by taking you on a short tour through downtown Auckland. You stop at the Sky Tower, the tallest building in all of New Zealand. When you look up, you see a huge New Zealand flag on the top of the tower. This flag was created back in 1902. That makes the New Zealand flag 115 years old!

My flag

White represents the cloud, green represents our trees, blue represents the sky, black and red both represent  New Zealand.    I chose these colours because it represents our land and country.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Orana Poitirere,

    My name is Jacinta and I am so excited to be blogging with you through the Winter Learning Journey programme.

    Thank you for completing Day 1 activities. I was very impressed reading your description about your flag you created. You used your initiative to use these colors to represent our land and country in New Zealand. How thoughtful! I think your readers will be very amazed to see this! Good work!

    I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share interesting facts about New Zealand and interesting places to visit in Auckland. I am planning to take my daughter on her first Ferry trip to Devonport.

    Keep up the good work Poitirere!

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Poitirere,

    I'm reading your blog from my home in Canada and I want to thank you for sharing so much information about your beautiful country. You created excellent lists of facts about New Zealand and so it is clear that you worked hard on these activities. I hope that you've enjoyed blogging and that you'll glad that you decided to be a part of this program on your school break. Good for you!!!

    I've visited Auckland and I've also visited Dunedin on the South Island, but there are many other stunningly beautiful and interesting parts of New Zealand that I would like to see. I hope that you'll have chances to travel around your whole country in the future as well. Having participated in this program, perhaps now you'll have ideas as to just where you'd like to go first!!

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie
    than you for replying on my blog I really appreciate the complement that you wrote I've also visited Dunedin.

    Kind regards
    poitirere

    ReplyDelete