Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Activity's 1-3

Day 1

Activity 1: Surfs Up! [4 points]
On your blog, post a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. Below the picture tell us what the activity is and tell us why it is one of your favourites.


This is a photo of me playing Netball. I like playing Basketball,Soccer,Rugby and Netball but my favourite is Netball. I like playing Netball because that is the sport I mostly take part in.

And yes the ball went into the hoop.




Activity 2: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge [4 points]

On your blog, list the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.

If I could have three people to come and Support me while I am on my cycle It would be my Uncle Willie who supports my cousins and I to do fitness, My Uncle Vita who was supports our family to eat and stay healthy and the Star in my family, my Grandma Afu, My grandma is my number one-1 supporter who helps me and my cousins in anything and everything more like Sport,School,Church and others.



Activity 3: Something Smells Fishy…[10 points]

On your blog, write out each fact and in CAPITAL LETTERS beside the fact, write the word ‘TRUE’ if it is a true fact or ‘FALSE’ if it is not true.
True or false?

Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish.
True!
Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids.
True!
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish.
False!
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc)
True!
Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’
False!




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lili,

    Well done on completing another set of activities for week 2. I can see that you enjoy lots of different outdoor activities such as basketball, rugby and netball. Do you also like to swim during summer? Do you have any favourite water sport?

    I think all of your family members have different things to offer by being a member of your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. You need members with different strengths especially when you think they know you the best! I think it is a great idea to take your family members on this trip. Do you have an activity that you love to do with your whole family? My family loves to play board-games and go on hikes.

    Did you enjoy researching different facts about fish? You've got every single fact correct! Did you get to finding what the actual name for a group of fish is called? It is not called 'classes' but it is called '___'. I'll leave it to you to fill in the gaps for me!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete