Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Activity's 1-3

Day 5
Activity 1: Towering Timbers [4 points]

On your blog tell us whether you think logging should be allowed in New Zealand. Be sure to provide at least two reasons to support your argument.

I think that logging should not be aloud because the people who cut down the tree's do not understand that they are avoiding us using paper and also because the tree's that they are cutting give us oxygen.


Activity 2: Living on the Edge [4 points]

On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience.

Dear Jerome,


I am in Tundra!!! I am freezing cold. There isn't that much oxygen which means there is hardly any tree's here!!!, I have just taken a walk around tundra. As I was walking I took most of my time gazing into the mountains imagining people walking with a lot of blankets and stars shining above them.
I was so "CONFUSED" my imagination was looking so beautiful but my view wasn't as beautiful as my imagination, After gazing into the mountains I thought I better get heading back to my destination which is on the very cold mountain.. I headed home and on my way I saw some snakes coming my way there tongues were out and they were hissing I was so horrified but lucky I found my way back to my destination.

Activity 3: Going, going….gone [10 points]

On your blog, post a description of life in New Zealand in 2018. Please remember that the people who read your post will have never been to New Zealand or even seen a picture so it is your job to ‘paint a picture’ of New Zealand using your words. You can also post pictures, if you wish. Be sure to fully attribute the pictures.


When you first arrive in New Zealand you will mostly see mountains and trees. The Capital of New Zealand is Wellington. In New Zealand there is on main City even though it isn't the Capital of New Zealand the main city In New Zealand is Auckland. In Auckland there is a lot of traffic mostly in the city. Most of the time people complain about New Zealand being Cold. The people who complain about New Zealand being cold is probably not use to our weather, Most of the time here I find it either warm or hot if not than sometimes cold. 2018 has been the best year ever, This year I had a very lovely year with my family,friends,parish and teachers, They brang laughter into my life and made my life more joyful and happier.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lili,

    This is a great end to the first week! I've really enjoyed reading your blog.
    The tundra entry had me really interested - you're right, there are hardly any trees there, which I find really interesting. And you had snakes up there! Great. hat's the coldest place you've been to so far? For me, it was Japan. Pretty freezing in the Winter.

    I agree with you on the logging question too.

    I think New Zealand is pretty mild (warm) too, most of the time.

    Have an amazing Christmas and talk soon!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete