Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 3-Activity's 1-3

Day 3 Activity's 1-3

Activity 1: Fantastic Beasts [4 points]
On your blog,post a description of your beast. Use interesting adjectives 
(describing words) to tell us about your beast.

My beast is a gorilla-Headed horse part dog. My beast's head is brownish,

 my beast's tale is BIG and really hairy, I have a body shaped lie a gorilla. I am a bit slow and a bit fast My beast can grow taller than Tane Mahuta and it can grow older. I can roar louder than a group of lions trying to search there prey. My beast can not fly but there is one amazing thing it can do that no other beast can do which is eat everything but not meat!!! It smells really bad but it can wash it's self better than any other animal.



Activity 2: The Secretive Skink [4 points]

On your blog list three pros (good things) and three cons (bad things) about working as a DOC ranger. At the bottom of your post, tell us whether you would like to be a DOC Ranger or not.

I would not like to be a DOC ranger because it takes more than a year or two to get use to the animals unless you are already use to them. But I would not like to be a DOC ranger because it is hard work .
Pro's
1. You know the animal's really well.
2. You Protect the animals from getting hurt.
3. You become to be the best DOC ranger in your country or Evan maybe the world.

Con's
1. The animals can attack you really badly it might cause you to loose your job.
2. The animals make animals there prey/food.
3. The animals will get wild at times and cause a lot of damage.



Activity 3: The WWF: World Wildlife Fund [10 points]
Once you have watched the video, go to your blog and, using full sentences, tell us:
1) The name of the animal the WWF is working to save.
2) What the WWF is doing to help the animal.
3) What, if any, success they have had protecting the animal.


My answers
1) The name of the animal that WWF is working to save is Saimaa Ringed Sealed.
2)What the WWF is doing to help animals is that they are trying to build some snowbanks.
3) The successful thing is that their puppies with be saved from all the predators.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lili,

    Well done on your work this week, I've really enjoyed looking at your blog!

    Do you have a name for your beast? Sounds really interesting! I like how you incorporated Tane Mahuta into your description - that's a great link! I also love how it smells really bad but can wash itself really well. Does that mean it chooses to be dirty? :)
    I like your ideas and ambition to be the best DOC ranger in the world!
    However, you admit it's hard work, so it's okay to do something else. What would you rather do?

    I've loved reading your blog this week. Look forward to seeing more!
    Lee




    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee,

    First of all thank you so much for blogging on my work.

    I do not have a name for my beast because nothing popped up in my head. Oh no my beast loves to be clean. To be honest I would rather work in a pet farm.

    Kind regards-Lili

    ReplyDelete