Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 4 Activity's 1-3

Day 4 
Activity 1: Scaling New Heights [4 points]

On your blog, post five questions that you would like to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life.

1. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, How is it like to be the first person in the world to climb Mt Everest?
2. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, How long do you think it took you to climb Mt Everest?
3. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, Do you like being on the $5 note?
4. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, Has anyone asked you about being on the $10 note or $20 note?
5. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, My last question is have you ever been curious about climbing another mountain in the world.

Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup? [4 points]


For this activity, you are asked to choose one of your favourite foods. On your blog, write the name of your favourite food and then tell us how to make it. You may need to ask a family member, friend or Google (!) for help if you do not normally make this food for yourself.

My favourite food is Sushi!

  • Sushi rice. Also known as Sushi-Meshi is a key ingredient when it comes to making good Sushi
  • Rice Vinegar
  • Kombu
  • Wasabi
  • Soy Sauce
  • Sushi Fish (raw) 
  • Nori (seaweed)
  • Sushi Ginger.


Activity 3: Salt and Pepper [5 + 5 possible bonus points]

On your blog tell us where you would build your hotel and what you would use to build it. For an extra five points, use Google Drawings to design one room in your hotel. You can also use a paper and pencil to draw your room, take a picture of the drawing, and post it on your blog.

I would build a hotel in the City- Auckland, New Zealand.
This is my room with my two windows on the side that is yellow. I have a TV-Television, a draw,a cupboard and a bed.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lili,
    Like to see you have finally completed the Week 1, Day 4 activities! On your TV why does it say COME AT ME, BRO? What you're watching on your TV is it your favourite TV series? Besides that you have a great imagination and your doing an amazing job!

    Best Wishes
    From
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christopher,
    Good to talk to you again. I am so happy that week 1 is done and dusted!!! Well on my TV I am watching walk the prank and I have no idea why it says come at be bro but I think he is angry and he wants a fight with someone.

    Thank you very much for taking your time to comment on my blog all the best- Lili

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lili,
    I like your room very much it has a lot of coulours but I have 1 question to ask "Where is the bathroom?" but over all well done !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Akesa,

    Thank you very much for taking your time to comment on my blog posts.
    Also Thank you so much for asking me that question, To answer your question I do not have a bathroom in my room but it is very near to my room.

    Once again Thank you so much have a blessed day (: Lili

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lili,

    My name is Susie and I am a member of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team this year. It is great to see how you've managed to power through the programme - ka pai! A big congratulations to you from myself and the SLJ team. It is always amazing to see bloggers like yourself successfully completing the programme.

    I just wanted to stop by and say that SUSHI is also one of my favourite dishes. I like to put in a layer of lettuce in my sushi to make it extra crunchy. The best thing about this dish is that you can be creative with the recipe and put in whatever you want! Do you like to have avocados in your sushi?

    I can see that you've also added in Japanese pickled ginger as one of your ingredients. I know that some people are not a huge fan of this side dish but I love it as a palete cleanser. Do you like pickled ginger as well? How do you find wasabi? I'd love to know!

    Keep up the good work and I hope you enjoy your well-deserved holiday for the next few weeks before school starts.

    Talk to you soon,
    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete