Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 Activity's 1,2 & 3

Day 1-Activity's 1-3
Activity 1: The Legend of New Zealand [4 points]
To learn more cool facts about New Zealand, check out the Tourism NZ website. Read the fun facts posted on the website and choose your ‘Top 3.’ On your blog, post your ‘Top 3 Fun Facts’ about NZ in your own words.
My 3 facts
  • The Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa, The meaning of Aotearoa is the Land of the long white cloud. I like this fact because it means that we belong to this land with white clouds.

  • The biggest city in New Zealand is Auckland but the Capital of New Zealand is Wellington. I can understand why Auckland is the biggest city in New Zealand, I can tell because there are a lot of traffic here in Auckland and hardly traffic in any other city your most likely to go to in New Zealand.

  • New Zealand was the first country to have its three top positions of power held at the same time by woman.  Prime Minister Helen Clark, Governor General Dame Silvia Cartwright and the Chief Justice Sian Elias.



Activity 2-
Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.

What's so special about my home town is...
My home town is the most precious thing to me because that is were all my memories will be held, My home town is also special to me because we get nice food such as KFC,Mc Donald's,Carls Jr,Burger king and Wendy's, My home town is also very special to me because of the people I am surrounded with who care about me make my home town special to me.


Activity 3-
Activity 3: Ice, Ice Baby [10 points]
On your blog, make a copy of this footprint and, inside the footprint, explain how you create a positive, digital footprint. What do you do to stay smart online?.
















11 comments:

  1. Hi Lili,
    I really like the wayy you wrote how to be safe in each toes. Why is it better to have Social Media? Where is your hometown? Besides that you are doing fantastic.

    Best Wishes
    From
    Chirstopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Poitirere,

    I'm Lee one of the Summer Learning Journey blog commentors. Thankyou for starting off the journey so well! I really enjoyed reading your responses to the first three activities. The three facts you noted are all cool, but I especially enjoy the one about the three women in positions of power. Who would you say is the most famous woman in New Zealand at the moment?
    It sounds like there are a lot of food options around your hometown! That's a good thing about Auckland I guess, lots of good food options. What is your favourite food to eat at home?

    Keep up the great work and talk to you later
    - Lee


    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi Christopher,
    Thank you for taking your time to have a look at my blog and comment. Well I think that if you have social media you should only be posting appropriate photos instead of inappropriate, My hometown is New Zealand(Auckland).

    Lili(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Lee,
    I would like to say a huge thank you for taking you precious time to pop by my blog and comment. To answer your first question I would probably say that Chief Justice Sian Elias. To answer your Second question my favourite food is Sushi but I did not state with these foods because not mush people like it or are similar to it.
    Talk soon...

    Kind regards Lili(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lili,

    The chief justice! Very good answer. I'd also say Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is pretty famous at the moment. I like sushi too - I've been to Japan but there is much more than just sushi there. I like ramen which is probably the main food in Japan. Keep up the good work!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete

  7. Hi Lee,

    Thank you for responding I have just read about Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and it turns out she is the most famous. I have never been to Japan but I have tasted ramen.

    -Lili

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Lili!

    I went to Japan twice and i was having ramen every night. My friends got sick of it but I didn't!

    I'm glad you read about the prime minister.
    You're doing great work
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia Ora Lee,

    I kind of get how your friends feel about eating the same thing every night. I HAVE FELT THE SAME WAY!!! but anyways I am also glad that I have read about the prime minister and have learnt about the prime minister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome, I'm happy!
    Enjoy your day
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you again(:

    -Lili

    ReplyDelete