Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 2 Activity's 1,2 & 3

Day 2-Activity's 1-3

DAY 2: Forest Life
Activity 1: Giants Among Us [4 points]
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.
I would like to visit Tane Mahuta/Kauri who is the Maori God of all nature. I also want to go and Visit Tane Mahuta because In class I learnt about Tane Mahuta and how he had separate his parents (Ranginui and Papatuanuku).


Activity-2
Activity 2: Fabulous Ferns [4 points]
On your blog list three sports teams that have the word ‘fern’ in their title. Beside each team’s name, post a picture of their uniform. Then, at the bottom of your blog post tell us which of the three uniforms you like best and why.
Silver Ferns/Netball


Black Ferns/Rugby
Tall Ferns/Basketball

Out of these three teams I would prefer to have the Silver Ferns/Netball uniform because they have the most Ferns on there uniform and also because there is a humongous fern on there uniform that goes from the left side up to the middle of them. 

Activity 3-
Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]
On your blog, tell us how to solve this maths problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer in millilitres (ml)
My answer and how I got it
Activity 3
I think that the answer is 1095 millilitres in 1 full year, because 3 x 5 is 15, 3 x 60 is 180 and then 3 x 300 is 900. Then all we have to do now is to add all the answers together, so 900 + 180 is 1080 and then 1080 + 15 is 1095.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Lili,

    More great blogging here!

    The way you set out the maths problem made me understand it really well. Do you like maths at School>?

    I like how you have brought the maori legend into the story about Tane Mahuta. I think it makes the actual tree feel really special when you visit it, if you keep the legend in mind.

    It's great to see you using images to illustrate your blog posts. Every time that we use an image on our blog, it's really important that we tell our readers where we found it, and give credit to the owner of the picture. To properly credit a picture you will need to include a link to the site where you found the image. We have created a guide that you might find helpful. You can check it out here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit
    You will need to follow these instructions to earn full points for any Summer Learning Journey activity that has asked you to post an image.


    Keep up the really interesting work!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee,

    I do not like maths as much as I like writing and reading.
    Thank you for your feedback I will use your website and make sure that what ever picture I use I will give credit to that person and I will link the site where I found it.

    Again(:
    -Lili

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the website I used but I can not credit to that person because I do not know who had done this. https://wwf.fi/en/saimaaringedseal/.

    -Lili

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all fine Lili, well done. Thanks for making the effort, I'm very impressed!

    Writing and reading is great too, sounds like you do awesome work!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lee talk soon

    -Lili

    ReplyDelete