Pages

Friday 31 July 2020

Holiday Recount Writing || Motat

Recount writing 
~ Motat 

On Thursday in the first week of the holidays my aunty, my two cousins and I went to Motat in Western Springs, we went to Motat to explore how people used to live in the old days and the different technology that was used.

While exploring around Motat I found a few interesting things people used to do back in the day. Back in the day people didn’t have toilets, they had little buckets that they did their business in. When they had finished there business they had maids that took there bucket and emptied it before returning it back to them. 

Another few things that caught my interest was the Aeroplanes, during my time at Motat I learnt that the “Wright brothers” were the first people to fly a plane. The Wright brothers enjoyed making things, there first attempt on making an aeroplane failed but they tried again and succeeded. They were officially known as inventors.

My very favourite part was in building 6 (six)! In building six there were a lot of things I enjoyed doing while I was there, it was enjoyable and at the same time it was a workout. There were courses I did that were very challenging but I still got through them. I was fascinated by the rolling pin, it seemed easy but it was really hard because I had to take control of my feet as well as having to take control of my upper body!

Lastly we went on the trams which was a new experience for me, We went around Western Springs. The Trams took us back to the main entrance of Motat

No comments:

Post a Comment